While staring at my rather boring clock, I considered that since I look at my clock so much, I might as well make it pleasant to look at. Then I thought of another idea– the clock should not only be pleasant to look at, but contain some important message which I needed constant reminder of.
I need to learn how to love better, and felt that the verses from 1 Corinthians 13 were particularly apt.
Here’s how I did it:
1. Pry open the clock with some jeweler’s tools (tiny screwdrivers etc)
2. Remove the clock hands, then the clock face paper
3. Scan/photocopy the original clock face
4. There may be some parts you don’t want. Cover them up and photocopy again onto kraft paper this time.
5. Add whatever embellishments you want. For mine, I printed some verses from Corinthians 13 on love.
6. Cut out the clock face shape and the hole in the middle.
7. Finish off with a UV-resistant protective spray to prevent the colours from fading.
8. Replace the clock face and the clock hands.
I am pretty pleased with it 🙂
Have one more clock to re-face. Will probably do so this weekend. Meanwhile, any ideas? And if you do work on your own clock, I’ll love to hear about it.