Erin’s blog, Dropped Stitches, caught my attention for the BEAUTIFUL photos she has, photos which make me feel as if I’m in a magical world. Check out this garden-themed one for instance, and this post about what makes her happy. What I like about her blog? Well, for one it’s fun hearing about her kids. She has a 4 year old son (William) who loves goldfish and Hotwheels and a daughter who skates (wow!). She als0 has an ORGANIC garden. My eyes can’t help but light up whenever I hear that word. It’s my dream to have an organic garden 🙂
Guess what? She awarded me a blog award!
Yay! I feel mighty encouraged. Thanks Erin!
OK. Passing this on is pretty hard because I’ve not been active in the blogging world for very long. But so far, there’re 2 personal blogs I started following this year which I enjoy reading. I’ll pass this award to
Jennifer knits and loves books. She also runs and leads a gluten-free lifestyle. I feel good after reading her blog. It could be because she takes time to be thankful for the little things in life, that she has dreams which I identify with (like having a big house by the beach), or that she constantly encourages her readers to do some good, like knit for Haiti and use less plastic. I can’t figure it out. But I just read her profile and she teaches writing. I’m thinking that maybe writers just have this gift of conjuring vivid images in your mind when you read what they have to say. I could explain further, or you could go check out the blog. The latter sounds better.
I learnt about Sharyn through her book on papercuts. Her designs are really lovely (check them out at http://www.sharysowell.com). Her blog is not so much about papercuts, but I like that she weaves her reflections seamlessly with lovely photos, and that she takes the time to appreciate (and take photos of!) the beauty around her.
And also, I have to say 7 random things about me. Umm!
1) My bed is made from a plank and rests on a cabinet below it, without which, it will probably collapse from my weight! I’m that heavy. Aren’t I glad I don’t sleep standing up, the weight won’t be distributed then.
2) When I was young (around 2 years), my hobby was tearing tissue paper. I know, poor trees. That’s why I’m trying my best to use elephant poo paper now.
3) When I’m putting ice-cubes in my drink, I take care to take 4, 5 or 7 ice-cubes. 4 because L-O-V-E has 4 letters. 5: J-E-S-U-S, and 7 because it’s the perfect number. I sound super holy, but really I think I’m just superstitious and see meaning in everything. I know taking 3 ice-cubes also makes sense because G-O-D has 3 letters, but then my drink won’t be cold enough.
4) I am Peranakan Chinese. I’m not sure what that means, except that I have some Malay blood in me.
5) I’m a big fan of The Little Mermaid. I want to have a tail, and fish and crab friends. Oh, and Prince Eric is really cool too. I also like Beauty and the Beast, especially that library of his. OK, I do still like the Beast without his library, but the library really adds something. As you may guess, I still watch Disney movies 😡
6) I can’t really draw. I draw really nice smileys though, is that counted?
7) I am a health freak and a lover of green. That just translates into drinking green tea and avocado milkshakes.