Have a puncher and penknife and paper (in 2 colours) and glue? And pencil? You can get started on this simple project that makes good use of those punched shapes you might otherwise empty into the bin.
1. Cut out the heart shape on black paper
2. Cut out the inside of the heart shape
3. Trace the outside of the heart shape on a piece of paper
4. Cover the inside of the traced heart shape in PVA glue
5. Empty your punched shapes onto the traced heart shape
6. The outline is a bit messy right now. So what you do is you just stick your black outline of a heart shape right there.